Friday, May 7, 2010

Life...in a blur!

It's been more than a month since my last post.  (Goodness this is sounding like a confession!)  Time flies and all that.
My excuses:
1. School holidays- always a little relaxing and a bit busy at the same time.  Very pleasant to absorb the  change in routine at these times I think.  It was during this time that I received the cutest treat in my letterbox.


The sweetest little nametag for Sew it Together made by Two Cheese Please.  I love it.  (I hear a rumour she is at the Melbourne Stitches & Craft as we speak).  Speaking of SIT, it is rapidly approaching.  Yay!  How lucky am I- a long weekend in Melbourne without kids!!

2. Last minute trips to Canberra to check out some art and catch up with some old friends.
The kids room at this exhibition was a winner.  Fantastic- all 3 of my children really got a lot from this.

3. First double digit birthday of my oldest daughter.


Accompanying this was some special scary excitement.

I think these are about all my excuses although there was a bit of singing in a cave last weekend & a shocking case of inability to move after yoga (now resolved but wondering about tomorrow!!)

Various small amounts of stitching have been done but not much completed in any 'complete' way.  I did finish a circle square (finally) for the Beehive just yesterday and I will post a photo later....
Perhaps I had better go & count my number of ongoing projects...on reflection perhaps not...probably would lose count!

Happy Friday!
And this weekend is the Finders Keepers market in Sydney which I hope to go to tomorrow.  (I have to admit some jealousy about those going to the S&C in Melbourne but 2 weekends in a row would be really pushing my luck!)


3 comments:

  1. Hello! I told you I'd watch your blog.

    Great pix of the kids at Quarantine station. Have a great time in melbourne.

    lore (hanne) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why hello to you..that daughter of yours was a livewire at the party. Isak loved the cape. He has been requesting one since. Do they come with scary makeup attached?!
    My blog is pretty slow to watch...Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Blog! And thank you so much for visiting mine, how sweet of you and I'm glad you had a good time in Melbourne. I too read Retro Mummy blog even with grown-up sons. There was some beautiful green organic cotton in the Spotlight wool sale this morning so I'll try a teensie cardigan before launching into a large one for me. Happy sewing ...

    ReplyDelete